On its seventh birthday, the social networking giant is celebrating having surpassed 200 million active users and 400 million daily tweets. Plus a long list of other accomplishments. The service has come a very long way since co-founder (and now patent holder) Jack Dorsey posted the first-ever tweet on March 21, 2006: “Just setting up my twttr.”
Here are seven impressive statistics about the state of Twitter today:
- 288 million is the number of monthly active users worldwide, making it the fast growing of all the social networks.
- 163 billion is the total number of tweets since Twitter’s launch, as of December 2012.
- 25 million followers make YouTube the most followed brand on Twitter.
- 35 million followers make Justin Bieber the most followed person on Twitter.
- 6 is the median number of brands the users follow.
- 32 million people in the U.S. tweeted about TV in 2012.
- 400 million is the number of tweets per day.
– Via PR Daily